Saturday, September 14, 2013

first 10k!

after running three 5ks this spring, and a 4 mile race earlier this summer... it was time to put the next challenge in front of me - a 10k. honestly, i didn't train... to be more precise, i ran a total of 10 miles in the whole month of august. and TWO miles total in the first two weeks of september. it was just too hot... i didn't want to die. but yet! with a dear friend by my side, we crossed the finish line in just a little over an hour. she could've finished sooner than me by several minutes but because she's great, we ran the whole thing at my (slower) pace... keeping each other company as our feet hit the pavement of morton country roads. we laughed, we encouraged, and we pushed on. and we did it - we accomplished a bucket list item and we ran the whole 6.2 miles!


i'm also so grateful for my mama and how she puts my races on her calendar and comes to see me cross the finish line. two years ago, i ran my first race - the morton pumpkin festival 2 mile fun run/walk and she was there cheering me on. her support still stands today as i crossed the finish line, arms linked with my best and falling onto my mom because i told my legs they could stop working for a minute. my mom, she is the greatest.


No comments:

Post a Comment